3 MIN READ | GEORGIA SMITH
What is an Adaptogen?
If you’re interested in natural ways to improve wellness, you’ve probably heard of adaptogens. You know they’re probably good for you, but after that, your knowledge gets a little hazy. What are they? How do they work? Is hemp an adaptogen? We’ve got the answers to all those questions and more, including how to work adaptogens into your wellness routine.
WHAT ARE ADAPTOGENS?
Adaptogens are plant-derived substances that have beneficial properties which increase resilience and resistance to stress, prevents aging, bolsters immunity and reduces oxidant effects in the human body.
They’re called adaptogens because they help the body adapt to resist damaging effects of stress. What kinds of stressors? Anything that disrupts normal functioning. Think: anxiety, inflammation, long hours at work and insufficient sleep, bacteria infections.
Some studies have found that adaptogens can increase attention and endurance and reduce the effects of stress on the neuroendocrine and immune systems. In short, adaptogens can help keep your body maintain balance and homeostasis. Need a more concrete example? You’ve probably heard that ginseng can improve memory and goji berry may boost energy. Both of these plants are adaptogens.
BUT IS HEMP AN ADAPTOGEN?
There’s no approved complete list of adaptogens, but if we look at the properties of hemp, we can see that it fits the definition. Hemp is a plant. It’s also non-toxic and full of compounds that support the body. In fact, the 113 cannabinoids and many terpenes in hemp have been shown to help reduce anxiety and inflammation, improve sleep, enhance focus, and more. Science is still working to uncover all of the potential positive effects.
So is hemp an adaptogen? Yes.
Now the question becomes, what’s the best way to make adaptogens like hemp a part of your wellness routine? Enter Zolt mixie sticks. Great tasting and portable, Zolt mixie sticks come in full-spectrum hemp and CBD isolate varieties. Of all the ways to ingest hemp, Zolt offers the most effective bioavailability. While tinctures average around 13-19% and edibles can be as low as 6%, Zolt mixies deliver far greater amounts. That means more adaptogens are made available for your body to use.
ADAPTOGENS, BETTER TOGETHER
But why stop at just one adaptogen?
You can stack several of these together without reducing their impact, likely compounding their benefits. Since Zolt mixie sticks are made with natural and organic ingredients, we’ve got the opportunity to pack even more wellness-supporting adaptogens into every sip. And that’s exactly what we did.
Look for these adaptogens and their benefits in your favorite Zolt mixie stick:
- Amla Fruit – this berry, native to India, brings its antioxidant and anti-aging power to Zolt’s Well +Full-Spectrum Hemp, Tropical Orange, Well +Full-Spectrum Hemp, Passion Fruit, and Peak +Full-Spectrum Hemp, Tarim Peach Tea mixie sticks. It can reduce acid levels in the stomach, improve hydration, and support digestive function.
- Ashwagandha – Extracted solely from the plant root, KSM-66 ashwagandha is known to boost brain function, improving memory, information processing, and attention. It also helps defend against anxiety and depression all while reducing exercise-induced muscle damage. Find it in Zolt Dreamy.
- Astragalus – This bright yellow root has long been used in Traditional Chinese Medicine to prolong life, fight fatigue, and balance body systems.
- Guarana – This natural source of caffeine is high in antioxidants and known to promote heart health. That’s why we include it in all of Zolt’s caffeinated mixie sticks.
- Reishi – From protecting the immune system to supporting regulation of the circadian rhythm, it’s no wonder reishi has earned the nickname “Mushroom of Immortality.” This superior adaptogen lends its power to Zolt Well+ and Peak+ mixies.
GET YOUR ADAPTOGENS HERE
So in summary: What are adaptogens? Plant-derived substances that can improve your body’s response to stress and promote recovery from its damaging effects. Is hemp an adaptogen? Yes. And it’s just one of the natural, organic ingredients in Zolt mixie sticks. How can you work adaptogens into your wellness routine? Drink a glass (or two) of Zolt daily. It’s that easy. Your adaptogen-packed Zolt mixie sticks are just a click away.
MORE FROM THE JOURNAL